Data Delete ToolDownload Our Data Deletion Advice
iCloud/Samsung Account Removal
To ensure your payment is sent as soon as possible, you must remove or sign out of any iCloud, Samsung and Google accounts before you send us your device.
Apple iPhones (IOS 7 or later)
Follow any of the two options below, to remove your iCloud account from your iPhone or iPad.
Option 1 – Signing out of your account on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to settings
- Select iCloud
- Select Delete Account or Sign Out
- Enter your Apple ID and password if prompted
- Select Turn Off
Option 2 – Remove phone from your iCloud account via the iCloud website
- Switch off your device
- Log in to www.icloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
- Click Find iPhone and select the iPhone you would like to remove from All Devices.
- Click the X to remove and then select Remove to confirm
Samsung Phones (5.02 or later software)
- Make sure your phone has an internet connection.
- Go to Settings and then select Accounts.
- Click on the Google or Samsung account you would like to remove
- Double click your Email Address and then select More.
- Select Remove Account and then to confirm select Remove Account again
- Enter your Google or Samsung Account password to confirm
- Select Remove Account one final time
You must remove all personal data such as messages, images, emails, music etc. before sending us your device. Although we wipe each device we receive during the testing process, it can be difficult if there are password locks etc. Therefore, we encourage you to remove sensitive data before selling to us. We are not responsible for your private information if you have not deleted it from the device or if your device is lost during the delivery to or from us. Please also remove any memory or SIM cards.
Removing data from Apple products
To remove data from an iPhone or iPad, you can use iTunes to restore your device to factory settings or follow the instructions below:
- Make sure you have deleted your iCloud account
- Go to Settings
- Click on General
- Tap Reset
- Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Removing data from Android products
To remove data from an Android phone/tablet, please follow the instructions below:
- Firstly, make sure you have deleted your Samsung or Google account
- From the home screen, click on Apps and then Settings.
- Tap Back up and reset
- Then click the Factory data reset.
- Enter your password when asked
- Touch Delete to delete all of your data.
Removing data from Windows products
To remove data from a Nokia, Microsoft or other Windows phone, please follow the instructions below:
- In the app list, click on Settings
- Click About
- Tap Reset your phone.
- You'll receive two warnings. Tap Yes, and then tap Yes again
If your phone touch screen is not working or is unresponsive, you can delete your data using the hardware buttons as follows:
- Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds)
- When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.
- Your phone should now reset and restart itself.